August 8, 2012- This is life as I know it.- Independence VC- Sister Cashmore




This is life, as I know it!

                                 Hi everyone,                                   
Last week I mentioned about Savannah being baptized. Apparently there was more to the story. As the district leader was interviewing Savannah something came up from her past that was going to need 1st Presidency clearance. When that is needed it usually takes a few weeks to a few months for the request to go through. President Keyes was informed immediately and the request was put in that evening of the interview. Miraculously the 1st Presidency happened to be going through those requests that very next morning. Through prayers and a lot of communication between the 1st Presidency, President Keyes, and the Sisters Missionaries, Savannah was cleared for baptism that same evening. How cool is that? It’s amazing to see how everything really is under Heavenly Father’s direction and timing.

We had an interesting encounter with a 90-year-old man Monday. I'll have to tell you about it someday when you are all old enough. :)

On Sunday we received a text from one of our less actives we have been working with. He asked if we could find him a ride to church. No one ever asks if they can come to church. Sister Cash and I were just a little excited. When we entered the chapel there was Ma'a with his white shirt and tie waiting for us. As we were sitting in sacrament listening to testimonies, Ma'a suddenly got up and started heading to the pulpit. I have no idea what he said because it was all in Samoan but it didn't matter, the Spirit was perfect. It was really fun to watch all the native Samoan speakers talk to him afterward. Ma'a is coming back and I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to watch it happen.

Sorry about my short email this week. My mind is full of thoughts but I can't seem to get them into my email today. Know that things are going well in Zion. Each day is something new and different. The lord is always blessing us. "Missionary work is difficult. It taxes ones energies, it strains ones capacity, it demands ones best effort-frequently a second effort. No other labor requires longer hours or greater devotion or such sacrifice and fervent prayer." -President Monson. This is life as I know it and it’s a good one. I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunities I've been given.

Love you. Be safe.

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment