August 1st, 2012- Independence Mo. Visitors Center- Sister Cashmore

August 1st, 2012

Hi everyone-


I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the Olympics. Although I'm a little bummed I don't get to watch them I'm even more sad I don't get to be called a new Olympic nickname from my Dad everyday.  Guo Jingjing was my personal favorite from the 2008 games.

Tell Grandpa Hall I love him! I'm so glad they found the cancer when they did. He's a tough guy.

We had interviews with President and Sister Keyes this last week.  As President and I were talking he told me the best news, Savannah Cox was baptized July 26th! When he told me I had the most overwhelming feeling, I couldn't help but cry. She made it, and I was lucky enough to be apart of it! I was so grateful at that moment. Even though I wasn't able to be there, knowing that she was able to overcome all that she did was an amazing feeling.

I so needed to hear everything President said to me. He is one of those people that speaks directly to your spirit, and knows exactly what you need. It amazes me he is in charge of 240 missionaries and where they need to serve and who they need to serve with; but he does it every single transfer. It’s all because of inspiration from our Heavenly Father. It was a really good reminder for me to know that my 5 areas and 9 companions were exactly what Heavenly Father wanted for me. Every person, experience, and moment was part of His plan. It’s amazing to know that the most powerful being the universe is aware of each of us and every aspect of our lives.

Yesterday I was able to go on exchanges’ with Hermana Crystal. It was so nice to not to be on the “sister leader” side of exchanges and to just be a missionary. Sister Crystal is amazing. She has been someone I would love to have served with but we were always on opposite sides of the mission. We taught 6 lessons in 6 hours (that doesn't usually happen while working at the Visitors Center), but numbers don't really matter. It was because of how real and loving she is with everyone. She emanates the example of our Savior and because of that people listen to her. It was an awesome day.

Sorry, this week’s letter is kind of lame. But things are continuing to move along. The work is slowly progressing and Sister Cashmore and I are loving and laughing our way through it. Sister Cashmore has been such a blessing. I have never met someone that laughs as much as she does. She is an amazing Sister.

Much thanks to all of you.
I love you. Be happy and stay safe.

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment