July 25, 2012- The Love of God- Independence Mo VC- Hermana Cashmore


The Love of God                                 July 25, 2012


Hi everyone!

Happy Pioneer Day yesterday! I hope you all had fun.

So I have to address something before we get into the week.  All of you awesome people that continue to write me...thank you so much. You are the best. To be perfectly honest though, don't expect much from my end. I'm kind of done writing letters. Instead I'm going to enjoy my last 3 p-days with 3 awesome sisters.

Other than my lack of motivation to write letters and the constant food from our Polynesian members, things are going really great. Remember how I told you about Saiko last week? We met with his family last Thursday night and the entire family was there, Mom, Dad, and the 5 kids! It was a little intimidating, but Saiko told us he doesn't want us to focus on him, rather he wants his kids to learn and have the Gospel in their lives. We are now teaching his 2 oldest sons, Walter and Rocky. They are the coolest 9 and 10 year olds I have ever met. They are geniuses. We were able to go over yesterday after our VC shift and reviewed the restoration with them. They remembered everything perfectly, plus they read the first chapter in 1st Nephi. What young kids do that? I love them they are so awesome! As for Saiko, I'm not too worried; he sat in for the entire lesson and was definitely listening. He will come around.

People here in Indie are.... really different. It’s weird to be in an area where most people you run into are familiar with the LDS Church or belong to a break off. We ran into a lady one evening that belonged to the Restoration branch. It was so strange talking to her and having her say she believes the Book of Mormon is true but temples are an abomination and speaking in tongues is how we communicate with God. Its weird to know there are people with the truth that only our church has but somewhere down the line it got a little twisted.

Its in those moments that I have to remind myself those people are loved just as much by Heavenly Father as anyone else. Throughout my mission it’s always come back that God loves these people. No matter how rude, crazy, or imperfect they are, God loves them because they are His children.

"God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn't care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely." - President Uchtdorf.

Our Heavenly Father loves the people in the Restoration branch, Community of Christ, Baptist, Catholic, and Church of Christ just as much as He loves us- members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that is pretty amazing. I'm so grateful the Lord has helped me see and recognize this throughout these 18 months.

It’s because of the love of God that he has given us prophets. It’s because of His love he blesses us with trials and miracles. It’s because of His love he sent his Son Jesus Christ to the Earth to atone for each and every one of us. Having that knowledge is more than I could ever ask for.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary serving these people in the Independence Missouri Mission. I am so grateful that I have experienced everything I have, the good, bad and ugly. Everything that has happened during these amazing 18 months (I hit 18 months exactly tomorrow.... yikes) is because Heavenly Father is showing His love for me.

Thank you to each of you for all that you have done for me. I love you more than I can ever express.

Be happy. Stay safe.

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment