June 4th, 2012- Manhattan KS- Sister Tafradzhieva



Hi everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful week. Ours has been.....well....interesting, but we are moving on and moving forward. 
The Lord is truly blessing us. We have seen so many tender mercies these past few days. But first things first....

-I have a new companion. Sister Tafradzhieva (say that 10 times fast) is from Bulgaria. This may just be the most trying transfer on my mission yet, but we are going to get through it. She's a good person and I'm learning a lot from her.

-I stayed in Manhattan. I think they just need to make me a permanent resident of the Salina zone.  Not only are we now covering the singles branch but we are also covering the Manhattan 1st ward. The Elders have been covering it along with another area about 20 minutes away but will now be moving to the other area permanently. So we get to take it instead. I've seriously missed family wards. We were able to attend their Sacrament Meeting yesterday and it was just perfect. All the testimonies shared and the Spirit that was present was exactly what I needed. It’s a little overwhelming taking over an area without knowing the area and the ward, but it’s going to be a really good thing. Sister T and I are going in together blind and I’m positive we will see miracles. The ward is completely amazing and I'm excited to get to know them better.

-Oh! Here is the random moment of the week. We were walking around trying to contact a few people and we ran into a baby raccoon with a peanut butter jar stuck on it’s face! He was just wondering aimlessly on the sidewalk looking super frustrated. It was the strangest thing ever. I really wanted to help it but I also didn't want to get bit. Thankfully the local mailman was near by and grabbed one of his bucket things and stuck it over the little guy. We called animal control but the little raccoon managed to wedge his face out of the jar against the box and escape through the handle. He ran to a near by tree and made scary noises at us until we left. The whole thing just reminded me of my Mom and how every animal she sees she wants to help. :) I thought you would be proud of me Mom.

- The Elders passed over a new investigator. Her name is Arenda. She's 19 and is just about the most soul-searching teenager I've ever met. She is so ready for the gospel. We had an awesome lesson with her Wednesday night and invited her for baptism June 30. Her response was "well yes I would love to, what time would you like to have it?" All four of us missionaries sat there a little stunned for half a second before Elder Eliason responded, um.... 11? She's really great. I can't wait to teach her again this week.

-The Elders also introduced us to an investigator that we will be teaching as we take over the 1st ward. His name is Pedro. He’s from Mongolia Africa and is just about the coolest 50 year old ever. He has 6 kids who are all in Africa and his wife is somewhere else in the world studying at a University. He knows French, Portuguese, his native language (he opened our lesson saying the prayer in it and it sounds so amazing) and also Spanish. He has this attitude of "If I don't know how to do it then I'll try it and work at it until I get it." We had a great lesson with him and he came to church yesterday! I just love that I can be in Kansas and meet all these amazing people from around the world.

That’s really about it for the week. Honestly, I've never had a more difficult, trying, and exhausting week on my mission, (I've said that a lot but this one definitely wins) but it’s all going to be okay. I may just have to keep telling myself that for another 5 weeks but it really will be okay. Someday I will look back on this time in my life and appreciate everything I learned. Changes always come and this is just another thing I have to adapt to. It will all be okay because this is the Lord’s work and because “Heavenly Father said so”.

My companion is done emailing and is now glaring at me. I guess that means its time to go.

I love you all. Be safe. Be happy.

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment