June 11th, 2012 Acting on a Twig of Faith- Manhattan KS, Sister T.



June 11th, 2012 
Hi everyone.

I hope you all had a wonderful week and your enjoying your summer.
Kristen, Tash, and Tiff…way to run Ragnar! You are amazing. I hope you have fun. As to the rest of you thank you so much for all the letters this week. Mom, thank you for the package. It was so much of what I needed. I love you!

It’s been a good week here in Manhattan. We are slowly getting our pace set with taking over the first ward. I'm just so thankful for all the work that the Lord has blessed us with.

-The Junction City Elders handed over one of their investigators to us this week. Her name is Savannah; she's 19 and is seriously looking for the truth. Her sister is a member in Junction City and wants this for her sister so much. We were able to teach her Tuesday and our lesson went really well.  She has a baptismal date set for July 14th and we are hoping for the best. The town that she lives in is one of the towns I covered while serving in JC. It was weird going back there. Before we left we were able to stop by the Keel's, who were members that Sister Dent and I were teaching over a year ago. I had left before their kids were ever baptized, so being able to talk to them for a minute was so fun. I have been so blessed with amazing people on my mission.

-The awkward moment of the week: We were tracting a few potentials the Elders had found a few months back. One was named Mark. We knocked on Mark's door and instead met Jake. As we got talking with Jake I asked him if he was Mark’s roommate. His response was the following, "No, Mark is my husband." Oh gosh. I was a little caught off guard but my response went something like "Oh, okay cool. Please let Mark know that the Sister missionaries stopped by”. After we left I called the Elders and relayed the experience. I then hear Elder Eliason from the background yell, "that explains so much! No wonder he wanted to talk to us."

- We had zone conference on Wednesday. It was my last zone conference of my mission. It was another one of those bittersweet moments. Everything said was so much of what I needed to hear. I'm so grateful for the Spirit there and for the motivation I received to keep moving. Like everything else, I never thought I would get to that point of being one of the missionaries going home and having to share my testimony one last time. However, it came and I was one of the 5. As I stood in front of everyone I had such an overwhelming feeling. I am so grateful for the opportunity to reflect back on almost 18 months of being a missionary. I never imagined this would be for me but it has been exactly what I needed. Heavenly Father has blessed me over and over again. It’s been long and hard but it’s been so worth it. "If we have faith in Jesus Christ the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing."- President Eyring.

I love you all. Thank you for every moment of your support.
Be safe.

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment