June 18th 2012-Manhattan KS, Sister T. Everything will be okay in the end, if it’s not okay it’s not the end


June 18th 2012

Happy Monday everyone!

Happy Fathers day to the coolest dad in the whole world. As I sat in the family ward and listened to the same song that is sung every year by the cute little primary kids, I couldn't help but think about how awesome my own Dad is. I miss your "little sausage fingers”, eating breakfast with you at 6:30 in the morning and the entire list of nicknames you come up with for the week.  I miss Saturday tree trimming and watching football with you. Ok those last two are a lie, but I am excited to come home and play tennis and watch the Borne Trilogy with you. I hope you had a wonderful day. Love you Dad. Also, Happy Fathers day to all the other father figures I've adopted into my life. I love you!

So Heavenly Father is being really nice to my companion and me right now. I seriously don't deserve it. We have 4 people with baptismal dates, whom all have come out of nowhere. The ward members are also just completely awesome and helpful. We are continually blessed.

Our tender mercies for the week: (1 Nephi 1:20)

-Mormon message: Choosing faith over fear. This couldn't have been more perfect for me this week.

-Our newest investigator with a date is Manny. The Elders had tracted into him while they were covering the First Ward but were never really able to see him again. We were able to get an appointment set up, teach him lesson one and invite him for baptism! He's such a sweet person. He has a slight learning disability but I feel like it just helps him be that much closer to the Spirit. So far he is doing really well and will make it to his date of July 15th.

-We have a very interesting Ward Mission Leader. He is a professor of plants or something at K-State. It just explains so much!

-We got to travel 2-½ hours south (I think) to Hays for exchanges. Hays is always so interesting. I again had the lovely opportunity to ride a bike all day. I came prepared this time though and didn't wear my pencil skirt.

-We potentially had 7 people coming to church yesterday.  Getting people to church is always something of a struggle. It’s so sad to have these people look you dead in the face and say they will be there, so you hang out in the hall waiting and waiting. By the time the opening prayer is said you are still waiting. It’s always such a downer. However 3 people showed up. We will take it!

-I may or may not have realized that I have very few months left on my mission as of yesterday. No thanks. Yikes!

My mind is in all sorts of places today. I'll come up with something better next week. It’s been a hard transfer but it’s going to be okay. "Everything will be okay in the end, if it’s not okay it’s not the end". The end isn't here yet so until it comes I'll keep going. I'm just very thankful that Heavenly Father continues to be there for me over and over again. He is always there.

I love each of you. Thank you forever. I am still here because of so many of you.

Have a safe week.

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment