June 25th 2012- Opposition in all things- Manhattan KS, Sister T.


June 25th 2012

Hi everyone!

Here’s the update for Manhappenin:

-Arenda: She's so great. She's 19 and has every desire to be baptized. She has been taught almost everything and is more than willing to change her life to be a member of the church. Here is the problem; She lives with her (tool) of a boyfriend (they do live in separate rooms) and just signed a lease for her apartment for another year and put all the money down. So basically she can't be baptized unless she moves out or he does. Having to tell her that last Tuesday was one of the hardest things I've had to do. She was ready to break down into tears and so was I. After our lesson the three of us knelt together in prayer and asked for the Lord to provide a way for her baptism to happen. We are planning on fasting for her this week and I really do believe if this is her time it will happen. A miracle can happen. Please keep Arenda in your prayers.

-I miss the dry heat. I don't know how people do it out here. The 104 temperatures plus humidity is just gross. To make things even better our air conditioner is broken, and we won't have a car this next week. Oh well. It doesn't make the church any less true.

-Tomorrow I will have been a missionary for 17 months. It’s been the best 17 months of my life!

-Nesha: She is also a referral from the Elders who found her walking down the street one-day. When we met with her she couldn’t believe that we were 20 something years old and have such happiness in our lives. She kept saying, "Its like you know your purpose in life."  We talked about the Book of Mormon and God’s love for her. I have no doubt that she felt the spirit. By the end of the lesson she asked if she could read the Book of Mormon and we invited her to church. Before she left I asked her how she felt. She turned to me and with tears running down her face and said, "I came in here with all these worries and I'm leaving here without them. I feel like this is where I need to be." Please keep her in your prayers as well. She decided to not to show up to church yesterday and that always worries me.

-The cicadas (or however you spell that) are back. They aren't as bad here as they are in Missouri but they are still super loud. We keep finding dead ones outside of our apartment door. Maybe it’s just too hot for them also.

-Song: He is from China and is a referral from our Branch President. Song has a Christian background and attends the Baptist church. He wants to learn about the "LDS" church because his preacher told him "Mormons are a hypocrisy." I don't really know what that word means but from the way it sounds I really don't like it. Song wants to prove the preacher wrong because he believes that is being judgmental. He's a really cool kid, super knowledgeable and scientific, and he's willing to learn and figure it out for himself.

-Laura: I love her to death but she is just so complicated. She also has a cat...ugh, I just really hate cats. (Sorry everyone) Her particular cat really likes to sit on my lap and rub its sick head all over my hand so that I will pet it. This week as it was doing that a bunch of its hair was flying everywhere and like so many other times in my life my eyes puffed up, went completely red and wouldn't stop crying. Laura couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Generally don't tell people that I'm allergic to their cats because everyone has a small farm of them. As Laura was assessing my eyes her cat jumped off my lap, went over to the corner of the room and barfed. Oh my. It was so disgusting. I couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation. I guess I should be grateful that it didn't barf on me. Animals can be so gross. I will never own a cat. Ever.

This week has brought so many challenges. Opposition and trial just as Lehi said. But with the opposition there is always a blessing behind it. It happens over and over again. It still amazes me. As Sister Kavea would always say, "its okay because Heavenly Father said so." It really is going to be okay. Heavenly Father always guides us through.

I'm so grateful for this gospel and for each of you. I love you.

Be safe.

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment