July 2nd, 2012- The Last week in Manhattan KS with Sister T.


July 2nd, 2012   

Hi everyone,

This email is going to be really short; I just don’t have much time.

It’s been a good week here in Manhattan. We’ve done lots of walking in the heat and humidity but it’s been a great week anyway.

-Manny finally came to church yesterday. It only took us one phone call to remind him and he even showed up 15 minutes early. He loved it!

-We fasted for Arenda yesterday. Every time we meet with her she amazes me. Her faith for a 19 year old is incredible. We have talked a lot about submitting to God's timing and sacrificing on our part. Even if it isn't her time to be baptized she is willing to wait until next August. She knows its true and I've promised her that I'll be there to see her enter into that covenant when it does happen.

-Heavenly Father blessed us with putting Johnny into our path this week. He's from India and has so much faith in Jesus Christ. He's now reading from the Book of Mormon and attending the Wednesday night institute class taught by the Stake President. It still amazes me that I only had to come to Kansas to meet half of the world.

As always transfers have come around again. Because Sister T and I go home at the same time its looking like I’m going to be moved for my last transfer. I have mixed feelings about it all. I always get so attached to people and having to say goodbye is the worst (it doesn't help when they start to cry as they say goodbye to you either.... yesterday was no fun). I'm so grateful for everyone that I've been able to meet while serving. These people have so much faith and courage. I have to keep reminding myself that Kansas really isn't that far from Utah. Someday I'll come back and visit.

I'm so grateful for the Gospel and to have it in my life. I couldn't be happier to have served here in Manhattan. I guess we will see where the Lord takes me next.

Be safe

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment