All is Well- May 21, 2012- Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea

May 21st, 2012



Good Morning!

Have I ever told you all how much I love my life? I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all that I have been blessed with.

I think I mentioned in my email last week about a friend we took to the temple and were going to focus on this week. Well guess what? It worked.

We fasted for Laura last Sunday and were really focusing on getting her to church this past Sunday. We couldn't get our schedules to coordinate most of the week but we finally saw her Saturday afternoon. We weren't able to talk much as we were in a rush, but as we were leaving I noticed a cute pair of shoes sitting by the door. I mentioned something about them and Laura said, "I just bought a new dress to go with them...maybe I should wear it to church tomorrow." Sister Kavea and I both stopped and probably said, "Yes come!" with way more enthusiasm than necessary. But she agreed and she came! She came to church! It was so amazing to recognize that Heavenly Father had accepted our fast and recognized all the prayers for her.

We have been doing a lot of tracting because our area is slightly dead. We were knocking on a few doors before heading home and we got talking to a really cool kid. He knew a little about the church and wasn't all that interested. We handed him a Mormon.org card and Sister Kavea was explaining a little about the website and all I could think about was to give him a book of Mormon. I couldn't concentrate on anything else but that. I had no idea how I was going to bring it up again but I knew I had to say something. After Sister Kavea was finished I asked him if he would like a copy of the book of Mormon to read. He happily agreed. As we left and headed home Sister Kavea turned to be and said, "I had the strongest feeling that we needed to give him a book of Mormon. I was struggling to tell him about the website because all I could think about was giving him a copy." I turned to her and expressed the same feelings. We have no idea why that prompting was so strong but it was and I’m so glad we were able to give him one.

Last night we had dinner with possibly my favorite person in Manhattan. Sister Burdette has been and is going through a lot in her life. We had gotten to know her over the past few months and have completely fallen in love with her. She has so much faith! Her example through it all is very inspiring. Our dinner conversation was hands down the best one of my mission. We talked about...everything, everything that we were and who we are now. We talked about our missions and the life changing experience it has been. As we talked the Spirit became stronger and stronger. We shared the Mormon message "My new life" and I don't think it could have been anymore perfect. After watching it she turned to us and said, "that was everything we have been talking about!" We all had tears of love and gratitude for each other as we left. I wish I could explain it all better but it was just another moment that I hope to take with me forever.

Sister Burdette asked us how much longer we had to serve. These days I usually try and avoid that question and let my companion do the talking, but last night the question eventually came to me. I confessed how much longer I had and then added, “I'm afraid.” Sister Burdette looked at me straight in the face and asked, "why are you afraid?"  All I could think of was "isn't it obvious?" But she wouldn't let me drop the topic. She wanted to know what I was afraid of. And so I tried to explain. I tried to explain that my mission would be over and that I don't get to be a missionary and do “this” anymore. I guess I didn't do a very good job of expressing the fear because again she looked at me dead in the face and said, "You have nothing to be afraid of. You will no longer have to carry the mantel of other’s salvation, but that doesn't mean that you can't still be the person you are right now and that you’ll feel the Spirit any less than you do now. You will still pray and find answers; the Spirit will still guide you. You can still be the best version of you, and you can go home and jump right into the gospel that is waiting for you there and can make a difference."

I was kind of taken back by her statement. I've been thinking a lot about what she said. And she's right; I can still be Sister Hall, just in a different calling. What I will feel will be the same spirit, just different situations.

I'm still nervous about going home but I don't have to fear. I don't have to fear for what lies ahead come August. All is well.

Each day for me brings more appreciation and gratitude for all the wonderful experiences I have been blessed enough to have in my life. Thank you to all of you for supporting my companion and me. I'm here, loving what I'm doing because I have the support of you. Thank you so very much.

Be safe. I love you.

Sister Hall




No comments:

Post a Comment