May 14th, 2012 Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea-Take your Faith and Move

Take your Faith and Move!

Good morning everyone.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful women that have ever touched my life. Your influence and example is incredible. I love you. Also, Happy Birthday to Sam, Lins and Kenzley!

This past week has been good, long but good. It's weird to not have any temple activities to look forward to. It still makes me sad to realize it’s all over, but we were called to preach the gospel and we will now look forward to the miracles that proceed from the past month. Although our area (Kansas State University) is on the verge of dying now that school is out, the Lord is still blessing us. It's taking a lot of effort on our part (as it should) to find those that are willing to follow Jesus Christ. But with the effort comes the blessings.

A few highlight of the week:

-I ate vegemite for the first and last time. My Australian companion has been trying to get me to eat it for months. Every time she pulls it out and I smell it I gag. I figure if it smells like that it can't taste much better...and well, I was right. It’s disgusting. I think Australia took the smell of dead skunk and made a taste out of it. Yet somehow my companion eats it like its peanut butter. In fact that’s what she compares it to however, she doesn't like peanut butter. Therefore, I just don't get it.  

-We've said goodbye to lots of our "favorite" people this week. We said goodbye to our members that are being deployed, going on missions and moving on to something a little more exciting than Kansas. We also lost 5 investigators this week to Las Vegas, Africa, China and Arkansas, but they've all said, "because of facebook we will still be friends." I guess facebook is the only form of communication these days. Welcome to the real world....

-Our investigator John came to church yesterday! It was a miracle. We were so glad that he finally made the commitment to come.

-We had taken one of our "friends" to the temple open house last month. She grew up going to church. Her family was all members once upon a time and have sense discontinued their membership. She had always wanted to see inside a temple so we pulled a few strings and got one of our members to take her. That was that and life continued on. Here is the cool part. This past week we got a call from the mission office asking if we knew this girl. The mission office told us that this girl had left a comment card at the temple and said that she wasn't a member.... yet. So all because we took her to the temple a miracle happened. We are planning on seeing our friend this week and getting a better idea as to where she stands.

Here's to another week of eating weird things, finding new people and witnessing miracles!

I love you all. Be safe.

Sister Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment