May 7th, 2012- Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea- Temple Dedication- I Stand in Awe

I Stand in Awe

Hi everyone!
I hope your week was great and you are staying warm? You can have some of the Kansas 95 degrees + humidity if you like. Summer has made its way here very early.  Who knows what July is going to be like?

So it’s official. The Kansas City Missouri temple is now dedicated. It’s here and ready for these people that I love. Reflecting back on the past month brings an overwhelming flood of emotions. This weekend was beautiful. 


Before the temple was dedicated and the cornerstone was placed, our temple coordinator, Elder and Sister Jensen, put a picture of all the sisters who participated in the open house into the capstone. How cool is that? We get to be in the temple forever.



The cultural event:

Saturday afternoon all 200+ missionaries came together for the first time in a year to the Marriott hotel in Kansas City. It was the best reunion of my life. President gathered us all together and we practiced "Bring the World His Truth", the song we would be singing for the event. President Keyes shared a few words of wisdom, gave us our instructions, and told us our area President, Elder Deschler reserved seats for all the missionaries because he didn't want his missionaries to have to stand for 2 hours. We were dead center in the "nose bleed section. I wish you all could have felt the Spirit in that room, it was just short of perfect. I couldn't help but sit in awe.

Entering into the actual arena was so fun. All of the months of hard work by the area youth were finally being put into action. You could feel their excitement it was contagious. Even more amazing was listening to the cheers that filled the arena as our Prophet; Thomas S. Monson entered the room.

The Spirit that entered the room with him was indescribable. He came. He came here to celebrate their temple with them. He came to my mission and I was able see it all. The smiles and love those youth have for him is so sweet.

After a few introductions, President Monson stood and addressed the youth. His words were so simple and sweet. He encouraged them to do their best, to perform for the Lord, to remember the happiness this event has brought to their lives, and to continue the friendships that developed amongst the dance steps. He closed with a prophetic testimony and gave a wave to the eager faces below. In return 3500 youth waved back.

The event was amazing. The youth really did dance in honor of the Lord in honor of their new temple. They did such an amazing job.

Half way through the event we got our cue from "popcorn poppin" to head down to the main floor for our entrance. Do you know how hard it is to enter into an arena that is packed to the ceiling with people as they sing Armies of Helaman? With President and Sister Keyes leading the way, we all entered to the center of the floor singing with gratitude. As we entered the entire room stood to their feet. Our prophet of God stood as well. That awe feeling came back 100 fold.

I couldn't have felt more inadequate to stand amongst thousands of people as a representative of Jesus Christ. I didn't deserve that standing ovation. We are only 19 and 20 something year old men and women, and yet at that moment we had the whole world on our side, on the side of the Lord.

As the song ended, all 3500 youth turned in our direction and watched as we left the room. I don't think there was a single missionary who didn't have tears in their eyes, humility in their heart and a greater love for the mission we were selected to serve in.
I will never forget that experience. I will never forget the reverence of that day along with the excitement and love in that arena. I will never forget that a Prophet of God stood for us. I can’t ever deny that moment in my life as being one of complete truth.

The dedication:

Our Prophet dedicated the temple 3 times yesterday. The words spoken by Elder Holland, Elder Hollstrom and President Monson were beautiful. The Spirit present was amazing. With all the trials and hardships the Saints endured in this area so long ago to 3 1/2 years ago when this temple was first announced, It is finished! It is ready for baptisms to be performed, for covenants to be made, and for sealing’s to be eternal.

I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to witness these miracles. I stand here in awe at the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for all that it has brought into my life. I couldn't imagine being anywhere but here.



I love you. Thank you for being you. Be safe.

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment