April 23, 2012 Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea- I plant seeds and couldn’t be happier!


I plant seeds and couldn’t be happier!


Talofa!

Everyone... I am the worst letter replier ever. I'm so sorry. I've got a stack of 40 letters that need to be attended to.... I’m going to start working on them. Promise. Just remember patience and forgiveness are great attributes :) Seriously though, thank you for loving me so much. I have the best friends and family ever.

I feel so blessed at this moment I just don't know where to begin. Trying to put into words how I feel is going to be impossible.

Why do all these wonderful things keep happening to me?
I always thought being on a mission you taught people and then baptized them. That if you weren't baptizing then something was wrong. I think today I've finally come to terms with realizing that you do your best and leave the rest to the Lord. I haven't seen many baptisms on my mission and I probably wont see many more. But what I have seen is millions of seeds planted. Planting seeds of faith, hope and truth. Seeds that only I could plant; Seeds that will be ready to be "harvested" in the future.

It’s so amazing to see the temple each week and to be apart of this "harvest". To have had all of these seeds planted in this area for so many years and finally being recognized. I couldn't imagine a better time than now. The help, love and service of such dedicated members to move this gospel forward is so humbling. The spirit alone that surrounds the temple is like nothing I could ever describe. To know that this is what it feels like right now, even before the dedication I can't imagine what it will feel like in 2 weeks once it's dedicated. 

This morning as Sister Kavea and I were doing laundry a guy came up to us and asked if he could talk to us. (This is just another witness that you really don't know who is watching) His name is Chris and is attending Manhattan Christian College studying to become a minister. He said he had seen us around but didn't know much about the church and was curious. We talked about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. He asked us about our missions and why we decided to come. I have had people ask me a million times before why I decided to come on a mission but today something was different. As I testified to him I felt the spirit testify to me. I felt the planting of another seed.

I have definitely had my fair share of moments where I've wanted to quit (and that definitely didn't exclude this week.) From having a bird poop in my hair, singles branch drama, running into the rude, bad and inconsiderate, to being to a point of exhaustion that I didn't know existed, this has been the hardest experience of my entire life. Its had its moments of almost being too much to handle. But... I've never for one second thought that it isn't worth it because it is! I may only be a seed planter but I couldn't imagine these 18 months any other way. I am here because I needed to be. I needed to learn to be happy, and to be me. I needed to plant seeds for the wonderful people of Kansas, Missouri, China and almost non-existent surrounding towns. I needed to be here and I am so grateful that I am.

I love you. Have the best week. Be safe.
Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment