April 16, 2012- Again, why am I so lucky? Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea

April 16, 2012
Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea

Good morning everyone!

Have I ever told you all how wonderful you are? Why are you so great? Thank you for all of your love. Seriously, you are the best.

Mom, I have never seen Sister Kavea as happy as when she opened her Tim Tam box. She was on the phone and started screaming. (I had to take the phone away and make sure the ear pierced victim on the other end was okay) She loves you. Thank you for getting those.

No need to fear, we are all just fine here in Manhattan. We dodged all 100+ tornados safe and sound. Really though it wasn't even all that eventful. Sister Kavea and I were really excited to maybe experience our first real tornado, but no. No hail. No rain. No "calm before the storm", and no tornado. All we had was a whole lot of wind and some angry looking clouds. The most eventful part of the evening was receiving a phone call from our district leader telling us that we had to stay where we were. 3 hours later, once the coast was clear, we were allowed to go home. So that's it. We are a little disappointed.

Other than some crazy weather, the week has been great. Heavenly Father is blessing us every hour. We headed up to KC Wednesday for our temple shift. I cannot put into words how much I love being there. I have met the most wonderful people (minus the anti's on the corner and the occasional ones that sneak into the cultural hall). There is no better feeling than listening to these people stand in awe of what they have just seen. These experiences I will never forget.

We had transfers Thursday and my little Australian and I are together for another 6 weeks. Manhattan continues to move along. Funny, although I'm in Kansas, none of the people we are teaching are from Kansas or even America for that matter. Almost all of them are from China (except for a few from Jamaica). We always joke that we are going to open a Chinese branch soon.... but seriously. It’s so interesting to teach people that have absolutely no Christian background. Most of them have never even heard about God, the Bible or even gone to church. It’s so fun to listen to these cute little people pray for the very first time and to help them recognize something they only knew in the pre existence; to feel something they have never felt before. It’s not always easy and the teaching is a little slower paced but it’s wonderful. From serving in the temple to people from China, it has all helped me be more grateful for what I have.

I continue to wonder why me? Why was I lucky enough to be born into the covenant with the automatic eternal sealing with my family? Why do I get to have all these wonderful people in my life? Why was I blessed with amazing, hilarious, wonderful, faithful parents that love the gospel just as much as they love each other? Why was I lucky enough to have the truth in my life? I have no idea "why me". "Why me" is something I am eternally and forever grateful for.

I love you all. Thank you again for everything.
Be safe, 
Sister Hall


Working a shift at the Temple with one of my favorite Sisters, Sister Larson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment