Why am I so blessed? April 9th, 2012- Manhattan, KS- Sister Kavea

April 9th, 2012
Manhattan KS. Companion Sister Kavea


Good morning everyone!

Why am I lucky enough to be in this particular mission? Why in the world did the Lord pick me, out of thousands of missionaries to be one of the 42 Sisters serving here? Why am I here right now during such an amazing time and to witness these miracles, to be part of the building up of Zion and watch the blessings of the new temple unfold. Why am I so blessed?


The temple is INCREDIBLE! I truly can't express the feelings that I had on Wednesday. It really was the best day of my mission. We had special training Wednesday morning by Elder Walker, finding out that the missionaries in no mans land (that would be me) get to attend the multi cultural event and sing for the Prophet. We then took our own little tour of the temple given by President Keyes. It was the most amazing day. It was so fun to go through the temple for the first time in over a year and was one of my most spiritual, overwhelming experiences. I couldn't help but look up every few steps. President Keyes noticed my constant head bobbing and said, "Sister Hall, its natural to look up in the temple. You can't help but do it." And I really couldn't help it.

When entering the celestial room, tears came to my eyes as I thought about the last time I was in the Bountiful Temple’s celestial room. It was just before I left. Mom was sitting on one side of me and the Bell girls were on the other. People I loved surrounded me; people that I will love into the eternities.

I thought about that experience as I stood with 20 other sisters I have come to love. I couldn't help but cry as we entered into the sealing room thinking about the King Family and how they will be in a similar room in a few short weeks, sealing their Family together.  The Spirit in that room, in the entire temple itself was nothing like I have ever felt before. I thought about the millions of man-hours dedicated to this beautiful building by those of our faith and those who are not. I thought about the sacrifices made by our ancestors laying the foundation to what we have now, and here I am, lucky enough to be part of it all. Why did the Lord pick me?
This temple, like the other 136 across the world is the house of the Lord.

I hope you all had a wonderful week and a fabulous Easter. Isn't it great that we when we take away the Easter bunny, chocolate, and eggs we more fully recognize the Savior and his atonement? I'm so grateful I had the opportunity yesterday to again recognize who the Savior is and how much He does love me.
 I hope we all had the time to reflect on the true meaning of Easter and to devote ourselves a little more to the Savior.

I love each of you. I'm so grateful for everything. Its way more than I ever deserve.

Be safe.
Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment