April 2nd, 2012- Faith to Answer the Call- Manhattan KS, Sister Kavea

                                                                                                                                     April 2nd, 2012

Hi!

Do you ever have those weeks where you can't seem to get a grip on anything? I kind of felt like that this week. It went something like this:

-We traveled 2 ½ long hours to Hays for exchanges with the Sisters. Guess what I got to experience for the first time as a missionary? Riding a bike.... in my pencil skirt.... with a helmet...!!!! You can stop laughing now. Oh it was quit the experience.

To top it off we had a lovely appointment with a less active member. He's interesting. That's the nicest way I can think to describe him. Helmet hair and red faced, Sister Payne and I listened to this guy "bible bash" his salvation. He wanted to argue that drinking coffee and smoking don't have anything to do with his way to heaven. Don't worry though, he follows the bible and doesn't eat ham….???

The next day was almost just a great. Sister Van Camp and I were tracting and ran into a lady who went to Utah State University and grew up in Idaho; small world right? As we got talking she invited us in. As she closed the front door the first words out of her mouth were, "you are not Christian”, Oh no. So we had another interesting conversation involving that. There is nothing like Hays Kansas.

-         At the zoo this week Sister Kavea and I got to hang out in the Flamingo cage! It was so cool. We felt pretty special. Flamingos are kind of scary close up, plus they smell but I wanted to make Dad proud so I just trimmed those trees and pulled the weeds just like he always taught me. The only bad thing was I may or may not have found a duck egg while in the process and then forgot about it...and then accidentally pierced it with my clippers. Shoot. I'm so sorry little guy. My companion reminds me daily of my mistake.

-         All of our more promising investigators dropped us, one by one. Why does Satan have to work on people so hard? He's no fun. It’s so hard to help people see what the Gospel can do for them. But it’s not the first time this has happened and I’m positive it won’t be the last. Someday those people will be ready again. Until then Sister Kavea and I have a “finding” week ahead of us.

Raise your hand if you liked General Conference! Man wasn't it so great? I loved seeing the cute face of our Prophet and listening to Elder Holland rebuke the world. Every second of it was perfect. I had the realization yesterday that this was my last G.C. as Sister Hall, as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Where has time gone? I remember sitting in the chapel in Junction City a year ago listening to our Prophet speak and thinking about how this was my companions last G.C. and that I'm never going to get to that point, and how I hoped I never will. I can't believe that "point" is here. Reality hurts. Big time.

All in all it’s been an interesting week. However, G.C. helped me remember something that I've had to remember all too many times. It’s all about my faith "the fundamental driving force is faith-rock ribbed, furnace refined, event filled, spiritually girded faith that this is the very Church and Kingdom of God and that when you are called, you go" - Elder Holland. It’s up to my faith that determines where my attitude is. It’s up to my faith that strengthens my companion, my area and me. I accepted the call and it’s now up to my faith to go. I may not have a grasp on things, and I probably never will but as long as I have faith in the Savior and believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, what else matters?

I love you all. Thank you for your inspiration and love through, prayers letters and emails.

Have a wonderful week. Be safe.

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment