Hebrews 12:1-2 March 26th, 2012- Manhattan KS, Sister Kavea

March 26th, 2012

Good morning everyone!

Gwenie your BABY is so dang cute. I still can't believe you are a mom! Congratulations. I'm excited to love him when I get home. :)

So this week has been pretty uneventful, actually really uneventful. Unfortunately having the flu and bronchitis continued through most of the week, plus the Dr. told me that I was highly contagious and to stay away from people for a week! A WEEK! So guess what we have done the last 5 days? Stayed in the apartment, me being sick as ever, and Sister Kavea bored out of her mind. Sigh.... It’s been a very long week.

I wish I had some awesome spiritual insights for you all but I've been too out of it and way too tired to read anything really. Every time I would attempt to read my scriptures I would fall asleep and wake up 3 hours later. And so, I've got nothing. Bless my little companion’s heart; she's been so patient. I don't know what she did to keep herself entertained for a week but she did it and hasn't tried to kill me yet. The fact that she is Australian, she tries to get me to eat Veggie- mite daily (which smells and looks like mud) I just love her.

Oh! But I did see the Kings! We had to run to the institute one evening to get some keys and there was the whole King family! They completely made my day. Plus they told me that they were there because they were meeting with the Stake President to get their temple recommends!!!!! They are going through the temple April 21st! I'm just so happy for them. I totally cried. (I'm such a baby) Thinking back to when I was teaching them over a year ago, to seeing them get baptized to now going through the temple! It’s so amazing. They are so happy and they have grown so much. I wish with all my heart that I could go through the temple with them, but I can't so I'll just be happy for them and love them just as much. Plus, little Laney is still my favorite little 4 year old on the planet and still chooses to be my best friend. :)

Although it’s been a very (very, very) long week it’s news like that of the King's that make all of this perfect. Even though I’m coughing and sound like a man I couldn't be happier. I am so grateful to be apart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that our Heavenly Father is real and does love us; that our Savior Jesus Christ suffered everything for us. We can go to Him and we will find peace. "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith."- Hebrews 12: 1-2

Our plans this week consist of traveling to Hays for exchanges and finding some people to teach here in the lovely town of Manhattan. I'm determined to make it all happen.

I hope you all know how much I love you! Thank you for everything you have done. Your examples in my life mean more than I can ever explain.
Have a good week. Be safe.

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment