March 19th 2012, Manhattan KS- Sister Kavea

We become what we think about most- Alex Boye

March 19, 2012
Manhattan KS
Companion Sister Kavea

Hola all-

I hope you have had a great week. Ours was a little different...but that's a story for another day. After our boost from zone conference last week Sister Kavea and I headed into our area with all the enthusiasm in the world. Here are a few of the highlights from the week:

- We are pretty excited about the temple. Open house reservations became available this week.

- We volunteer at the zoo here in Manhattan every Wednesday doing service with the Elders. This past week was pulling weeds and cutting down all the dead bushes (don't worry dad, I got my tree trimming in). Before we left we all stopped by the monkeys. One came right up to us and I touched its hand! As one of the Elders went to touch him the monkey tried to bite his fingers off. That was all of the animal touching we decided to risk for the day.

 - We were really blessed this week with people to teach. We found some new solid people and even invited one for baptism. It’s funny whom the Lord puts in our path; it even includes a guy named Cornelius, sitting in the institute parking lot smoking a cig. Don't worry, we taught him the restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. Before we left he said, "Jesus must be looking out for me or something." Yes, Cornelius, Jesus is looking out for you. 

- The weather here has been so perfect (minus today). It’s been in the 80's with sunshine and almost makes me love Kansas.... almost.

- Somewhere during the week I lost my voice due to Bronchitis and the Flu. I have to say I’ve been miserable. A missionary with no voice makes things a little difficult and kind of frustrating, but I've learned something. As I sat in our lessons wishing I could say something I began to recognize the Spirit so much more. I noticed that the promptings I was receiving were what Sister Kavea was saying out loud. My testimony of teaching in a companionship was strengthened so much in the following days. I really do know that if our heart is in the right place, and we are willing to listen, miracles will happen, and miracles are happening! It’s still feels a little weird for me to be surrounded by people my own age here at the University, but this really is where I need to be.

-I had to wear a facemask when I went to the doctor’s office today. I think they just wanted me to look like an idiot and feel super self-conscious. It worked.

Whatever this week has got in store, I'm ready for it, because the Gospel is true and that makes every okay.

Know that I love you all. Have a wonderful day. Be safe.
Sister Hall

Ps-. This is Sister Touli and I. Obviously she loves me! Oh, and anyone know where we can get Tim Tams? My companion is in desperate need of them!

Sister Touli and I- March 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment