March 5, 2012- Manhattan, Kansas- Companion Sister Kavea


Welcome to MUB (Manhattan University Branch)

Good morning from my birthplace...well kind of. I was transferred to Manhattan! It’s the bordering town right next to Junction City, my very first area. My call letter might as well have been Kansas, Salina Stake. It was a whirlwind of miles, time and goodbyes to get here but I'm here and I couldn't be happier.

Sister Kavea and I cover the Manhattan University Branch.... Yes that is correct. University. Singles. People my own age, dating and falling love, and kids that have jobs and attend K-State University. There are also other kids in the military stationed at Fort Riley. It’s intimidating.

When I first found out where I was going I was a little nervous, okay a lot. I don't know how to be normal around college people anymore. It’s been an adjustment, but I'm here and so far I love it. Plus, I have the best companion. Sister Kavea is from Australia, okay technically she's from New Zealand, but moved to Australia later. Her accent is the cutest thing and I just love her.

We have had so much work lately. We actually have people with baptismal dates! Two of them are some kids that I had mentioned in a pervious letter when I was on exchanges with Kavea. It’s happening all so fast and is completely crazy but it’s been so good!

Miracle for the day: Sister Kavea and I were at the county jail visiting with one of our investigators yesterday (long story). As I now sit here typing this letter the lady sitting across from me passed me a note. It says she saw us at the jail yesterday and wants us to pray for her nephew who is currently serving time as well. Her note is completely sweet and wonderful. It’s amazing that no matter where we are the Lord provides and puts people in our path. I can't wait to talk to her as soon as I finish up this letter.

I love each of you. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Be safe,

Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment