Last Few Days in Great Bend Kansas with companion Sister Rupper


February 27, 2012

Hi everyone!
I hope you have all had a wonderful week.
I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be apart of this gospel. It has influenced my life more than I ever thought possible. The past 13 months have been more than I ever deserve. I would also like to thank each of you for all of your support and extra prayers this transfer. I couldn't have survived without you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you.

So guess what? I'm being transferred...actually, both my companion and I are. We had interviews with President Keyes on Tuesday where he gave us some pretty exciting news; they are requesting that all 42 sisters in the mission participate in the Kansas City Missouri Temple open house. I'm completely excited! We don't know where we are going to be transferred just yet but we do know that it will be closer to KC Mo.

The sad part of all this is having to say good-bye. As hard as it has been here in Great Bend I have completely fallen in love with the people. From being stuck in the mud (twice), meeting my third cousin and discovering that every prayer really is answered; none of it would be what it is without the people that I have come to love. Who these people are and choose to be has helped me become who I am. These people really are "examples to the believers."

I was so grateful for the chance to express my appreciation and love for these people yesterday while speaking in Sacrament Meeting. My life would not be the same without Sister McCowan, Sister Smith, The Sifkies, or the Knudsens. The past 12 weeks have helped me learn and grow into something that I needed. I was able to rely on the Lord more fully and really appreciate the gospel.

I owe everything I am to my Heavenly Father, my parents, and the examples of each of you. Thank you.

We have our work cut out for us the next three days in getting the area ready for the Elders to take over.

I love you. Have a great week. Be safe.
Sister Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment